Roasted Delicata Squash - Two Ways
I love trying a new kind of squash! What could possibly be more exciting? Have you tried delicata squash? This is probably my favorite. It's sweet like butternut squash, but you can eat the skin too so it's much easier to prepare. It is a great little finger snack or side!
- 2 delicata squash
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or olive oil
- Seasonings - 2 routes to take
- Sage and Rosemary or...
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds
- Cut squash into 1/2" pieces, short length
- Place squash on baking dish
- Drizzle oil over squash and add the seasoning you chose
- Bake for 30 minutes. Squash should be very soft when done.
- It is probably ideal to flip them halfway through, but I did not and they turned out great. Just more brown on the bottom, but not necessarily burnt
Now, whenever I cook I definitely like to make enough to have lots of leftovers. But I think I got a little excited with this one!