Bacon Wrapped Chicken Thighs
If you are still afraid of saturated fat and cholesterol (*cough, cough* you shouldn't be), you might want to close your eyes. These have been a staple for me and are always a major crowd pleaser. Seriously, everybody who eats meat loves these. They are so rich and moist, it almost feels sinful to call this a main course. What's even better, is that they are super easy to make! As always, the recipe can be doubled (or quadrupled).
- 4 bone in chicken thighs (organic and pastured is ideal)
- 4-8 strips of bacon
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- sea salt and pepper
- a little extra cinnamon, garlic and onion powder for the end
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Season the chicken, with love. I like to be pretty generous with the salt. The garlic powder and onion powder should make a very light coating, with a very light dash of cinnamon.
3. Wrap the bacon around the chicken thighs. Depending on how hungry and indulgent you want to be, you can use one or two strips per thigh.
4. Add a little bit more cinnamon, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper to the tops of the bacon wrapped thighs.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for about 55 minutes. Usually the chicken finishes cooking before the bacon, and I like to wait for the bacon to get a little crispy. Don't worry, the chicken thighs are almost impossible to dry out!
6. Throw some vegetables on the side and savor.